Vaccination Launch For Frontline Workers In The Tourism And At Kicc From 21st April To 30th April.tra_admin
The Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife and Tourism Regulatory Authority (TRA) in conjunction with other Stakeholders organized a 10 -day Covid 19 vaccination exercise for all the frontline workers in the Tourism and Hospitality sector in Kenya at Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) Tsavo Ball Room.
Cabinet Secretary for Tourism and Wildlife Hon.Najib Balala officially launched the exercise on Wednesday 21st April 2021 at KICC Tsavo Ball Room. He was accompanied by senior Ministry officials and Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) representative Dr Olunga who launched the first vaccination for the sector which was done on Mr Kaunda.
Other stakeholders included Tourism Fund (TF), Kenya Tourism Board (KTB), Kenya Tourism Federation (KTF), Kenya Association of Tour Operators (KATO), Kenya Association of Hotel Keepers and Caterers (KAHC), Pubs and Restaurants (PERAK), Tour Operators Society of Kenya (TOSK) and professionals in the industry. Among those who turned up were Hotel Associations 203, Tour Driver Guides Associations 225 Tours and Travel Associations 230, Events Management Associations 42, and Pubs, Entertainment and Resturant Associations 230 . Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife Staff and its State Corporations were also not left out with a total of 70 staff also being vaccinated .A total of 1000 doses were administered by the first week.
The CS explained that the vaccination was aimed at restoring confidence in the Tourism and Hospitality industry which has been badly hit by the Covid 19 pandemic.
On the second week of the exercise in which an additional 1000 doses were administered, the Principal Secretary Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife, Ms. Safina Kwekwe paid a courtesy call to follow up the exercise. She emphasized the importance of the vaccination program towards reviving the Tourism and Hospitality sector which had faced serious economic down turn due to the closure of hotels and restaurants.
The exercise attracted media coverage from; Citizen TV, Hope TV, K24, KBC Channel 1, CGTN and Reuters, Inooro TV /Radio, Maina Kageni on Classic 105 FM and People Daily.
- People Daily
- Hospitality Sector on Deathbed as Covid 19 Restrictions Persist-pg18
- Jab of hope for Tourism industry-pg18
- Digital and Social Media
TRA Facebook Page, Twitter handle, and WhatsApp groups to drive the campaign.
- Star Online – https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2021-04-21-state-launches-covid-19-vaccination-for-5000-tourism-personnel/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1619018361
- Citizen Digital – https://citizentv.co.ke/news/no-traveling-out-of-kenya-without-a-vaccine-passport-from-2022-cs-balala-10411778/
- Radio mentions on prime time on Classic FM, Hope FM morning show.
- TRA obtained new clients seeking information on licensing procedure and most were referred to licensing department . Brand Visibility of TRA on major TV Stations which created confidence among our stakeholders on the opening of the economy and finally the event . Raised TRA profile among our internal and external stakeholders as a leading regulator in the tourism sector.